Our Traditional Sports Performance Program is our longest-running and most successful program. The program has been developed to help athletes increase their speed, agility and strength to enhance their performance and possibly decrease the risk of injury. Athletes also gain an advantage over their competition by being properly educated on traditional and new exercise techniques. The program includes:
Warm-Up - our specialized routine begins with a technique called neuromuscular activation, which is used to trigger the correct muscles to perform in the sequence they were designed to do. After proper activation of the muscle groups, athletes perform several corrective exercise patterns, followed by dynamic stretching, which is stretching while moving. Finally continuous exercises are performed to conclude the warm-up. Our warm-up is about 10% of our daily session.
Speed and Agility Training
- The ability to increase speed, change direction and transition from linear to lateral is an essential part of any sport. Our athletes undergo rigorous training in plyometrics and speed & agility exercises to help increase their speed and their ability to change direction in the correct fashion. This allows them to control their body and help reduce the risk of injuries. Our speed and agility training is about 20% of our daily session.
Strength and Conditioning Exercises
- Athletes are taken through various strength training and injury-prevention exercises. Our groups complete intense exercise periods to increase strength and power. Exercises are advanced only after mastery of basic level exercises. Exercises and weights are tailored to each athlete’s ability. Each athlete's program is monitored daily for safety and progress. Our strength and conditioning exercises is about 70% of our daily session.
Sports performance sessions are offered quarterly. Groups are small to preserve adequate coach to-athlete ratio so proper education and safety can be maintained. Programs are held from 3:15 to 7:30 p.m. weekly to accommodate athletes’ school and other commitments.
• Register for our Fall 2012 Sports Performance Program
• This program is for ages 12 and up.
Speed & Agility Training
Somerset Medical Center Sports Performance and Rehabilitation Center offers Speed and Agility classes designed to help train athletes to improve their ability to increase speed, change directions and transition from forward to side movements. This gives the athlete the ability to better control their bodies and helps reduce their risk of injuries during athletic activities.
The program includes our specialized warm-up along with speed & agility training exercises such as ladder drills, plyometrics, linear speed, and agility drills. Our sessions are broken down into 10% for the warm up and 90% speed and agility training exercises.
• Register for our Fall 2012 Speed and Agility Program
• This program is for athletes from grades 3-12.
One-on-One & Small Group Training
Our One-on-One/Small Group Training is a specialized program that aims to deliver a quality athletic performance program to those who are looking to stay on top of their game by enhancing their performance and decreasing the possibility of injury. We offer several specialized training programs for:
- for athletes who are home from school and need an environment to continue their training. The program includes either our traditional sports performance program or if the athlete has a program set-up by a strength and conditioning coach, we can assist you through the workouts. Sessions are available throughout the week in morning or early afternoon hours.
- Flag football, pickup basketball games, spring softball leagues, triathlons, marathons, bowling leagues and the list goes on. This program is geared toward the recreational athlete and the weekend warrior. We offer specific strength and conditioning programs that are tailored to your goals and needs to help you prevent injury and enjoy being an athlete at any age.
- This specialized program helps golfers to improve their game. Each individual will be put through a series of corrective and strengthening exercises based on the fundamentals of golf to help prevent injury and increase performance. Golfers will be educated in a proper preround warm-up for ideal muscle activation and tissue flexibility.
Fire/Police/EMT Tactical Performance Training
- For the men and women who help protect us everyday, this program is designed to help these individuals be prepared for the known and unknown. This high-intensity exercise program is designed to challenge these specialized athletes with the demands they will face out in the field. Individuals looking to enter into an academy will benefit from this training.
Sessions are available throughout the week in morning or early afternoon hours.
• Register for a Session
• Ages 18 and up.
Somerset Sports Medicine rates for One-on-One Training is $45.00/hour, and Group Training is $25.00/hour – per person.
Metabolic Rate Analysis
A Metabolic Rate Analysis will provide you with information regarding the amount of energy your body needs. This analysis measures your resting metabolic rate which will help predict approximately how many calories you burn in one day with and without activity. This analysis is another helpful tool in your wellness plan by educating you specifically about what your body requires.
Analyses are available upon request.
• Fill out an Online Request
• Ages are limited. Please call for more information.
To sign up for a program use the register for a program button on the right side of the page. For additional information and pricing, call 908-203-5972 or contact us by E-Mail