Somerset Medical Center is a 355-bed nationally accredited, regional medical center providing comprehensive emergency, medical/surgical and rehabilitative services. Our mission is to deliver high-quality health care services with measurable outcomes to the community we serve. As the only hospital in Somerset County, Somerset Medical Center touches every member of the community and provides a cutting-edge, patient-friendly facility that is considered one of the finest in New Jersey.
Somerset Medical Center is an affiliate of UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and a clinical research affiliate of The Cancer Institute of New Jersey. Somerset has a staff of 650 board-certified physicians representing all major medical/surgical specialties, including oncology, eating disorders, invasive cardiology, behavioral health, physical rehabilitation, sleep disorders, diabetes management, tobacco dependency treatment and more. Somerset Medical Center is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
Somerset Medical Center’s recent achievements include:
• Received an “A” rating for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group in June 2012.
• One of seven percent of hospitals nationwide to achieve Magnet® recognition for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
• Designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. The new Edward and Anita Hogan Neuroscience Pavilion, which opened in November 2012, offers comprehensive care to patients who suffer a stroke or other neurological disorders.
• Joint Surgery Institute awarded the 2012 Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for total knee and total hip replacement surgery. It is one of 17 in New Jersey and one of only 250 nationwide to earn this Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission.
• One of the first community hospitals to offer robotic surgery, allowing surgeons to perform complex procedures in a minimally-invasive way.
• Nationally recognized for its comprehensive cancer care and honored with the prestigious Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. This award was given to only 22 percent of those surveyed during 2011.
• One of only a select few breast care programs in New Jersey to achieve full accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and to be named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
• Recipient of the HealthGrades 2011 Orthopedic Excellence Award™, ranking in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide for overall orthopedic care and five-star rated for joint replacement surgery, total hip replacement surgery and total knee replacement surgery.
To learn more about Somerset Medical Center, please visit the Somerset Medical Center website.